So the September Scraptique Boutique kit is awesome! I LOVE the Jillibean Soup papers! The whole kit just coordinated very well which made this whole project EASY and QUICK to put together! To see the complete Scraptique Boutique kit go here or here!
Here is what we'll be making:
Now creating this is SOOO simple:
1. - 1 piece of 12’ x 12” cardstock, score in one direction at 3-3/4” and 4” and again at 8” and 8-1/4”. Rotate and score at 4” and 8”
2. - Cut off the 4 outside corner pieces and save the cardstock for matting photos
3. - On the side that does not have the extra scores, cut off about 1/8” from the top so it folds easily without getting crushed and cut off 2-1/4” from the opposite side on just the center piece leaving it 1-3/4” long.
4. - And then fold in on all the score lines
These photos show you what you should have at this point:
I then rounded all the corners with my Corner Chomper. (on the 1/2" side) You could leave the corners straight if you wanted to but I think rounded corners just look better!
Now for the details:
I'll tell ya what I did here and then after you can see all the photos of the book so you can see it!
1. You can now add papers to the book! What you add is up to you.
- All papers EXCEPT for the MIDDLE piece are 3 1/2 x 3 3/4. The middle piece is 3 3/4 x 3 3/4
2. You'll notice I added a "book" piece to both of the side panels. To create this
- Cut a piece of cardstock at 5 1/2 x 3 1/2 and then score at: 3, and 3 1/4
- When adding to the panel simply add a strip of glue down the part between the score lines and add! You can then
add your details to it. OR you can scrap it up and then add to the panel!
3. The book is closed using a
*3x1 3/4 strip of cardstock and a strip of 2 3/4 x 1 1/2 piece of patterned paper
*Glue it to the BACK of the book so it can wrap around to the front to close
* I added one of the flowers from the kit to the end of the strip and put a magnet to the back of it and a magnet to the front of the book to keep it closed. You could also use VELCRO instead of a magnet.
HAPPY SCRAPPIN!!!! And as always you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any further clarification on any of the steps!