Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Enjoying Nature - Floating the Willow


Monday - August 6th - we packed up the car and the boat and headed to the Willow River! We floated down the river and had a grand time seeing the sights that nature had to offer and we would pull over every now and then to fish and for lunch! The boys had a grand time. We went with our friends the Marshalls and just enjoyed the day! My DH was the "driver" and he did an amazing job keeping us in the middle of the river considering that there were 8 people on the boat and the river water was high because of all the rain. We all were wearing life jackets and rain boots.

I got some hip waders that were on sale but they only had certain sizes. I had to get men's size 8 which were HUGE on me so I looked oh so stylish!

We stopped at a sandbar that had a good fishing hole next to it and Charlie and Mike started reeling in the fish! They were pink salmon and not really worth keeping but the boys had fun helping to reel in the fish! Derrik had one on his line and he got so excited! A little too excited because he jerked the line a bit to fast and the fish got away, but that excitement of actually having a fish on his line stayed with him the rest of the day! Tanner did not want to touch the fish at all! He looked at them from a short distance but that was as far as he would get. Hayden wasn't sure at first but ended up touching the fish as well.


I did not want to touch the fish but held one after Charlie reeled it in and it was so slimy and gross! I have to admit when Mike had me hold his fish by slipping my fingers through the gills and in the mouth I was freaked out! The fish started moving it's mouth and body and so I dropped the fish! Didn't want to hold onto it any longer! LOL!
We had a great time overall and I was so grateful that it didn't rain on us!


1 comment:

Katie said...

Beautiful photos! Alaska looks fun1